Hello to you and welcome to my pet photography offering.
If you would like professionally taken photos of your pet for a keepsake, or of someone else pet for a gift, then I’d love to hear from you. Just use the 'Click for more...' button below.
My love of animals extends to domestic pets and I am equally at home photographing them too. I'll happily photograph any pet, from small rodents, up to dogs and of all shapes and sizes.
This love of pets has lead to me volunteering my photographic services to Salisbury Dogs Trust in June 2019 after doing the same in 2018, photographing their summer Fun Days and their 2018 Christmas Fair. Click on the links to see some of the shots taken at those events.
Additionally I have covered a local charity dog show organised to raise money for the Blue Cross.
Some things you should know about my style of pet photography:
• I do not do studio pet photography shoots
• I prefer to do candid shoots, capturing the animal in a relaxed and familiar environment. For dogs this can be out on a favourite walk. Essentially I look to capture the essence of life in all my shoots, and as such stick to natural locations and situations.
• I do not like to use a flash for photographing pets unless in exceptional circumstances to add in a little extra light. As a rule I won't use a flash, but if I need to I won't have it fire in such a way it interferes with the animals sight. As such I'd prefer to use natural light, and photographing animals outdoors is preferable.
• I'm happy to photograph pets at your home, in the garden, or out for a walk in their favourite location.
• I do not believe in forcing an animal into a situation with the sole purpose of getting a particular shot, and I will not undertake any requests to do so.
• I treat photographing pets as I would photographing wild animals; it's all about not putting the animal under stress and making sure it is comfortable with me photographing it. I don't get too close unless the animal is happy with me in its personal space.
• I use a mixture of long and short lenses to capture various shots, again being mindful of the animals mood and the scene to be captured.
• The old saying of 'never work with children or animals' holds true, so of course the photographic results depend on the animal's mood on the day, and no specific results can be guaranteed.
For more details such as how this works, pricing and/or to make a booking or just ask me a question, please click the button below.